EZ-Bridge ®- LT+ Series
Initial Set-Up Procedure and Checklist
- Thank you for choosing the EZ-Bridge® Wireless Antenna System.
- Each Antenna system is factory tested and pre-configured so that most applications are true “Plug and Play”
- Some package models will require additional user-provided Ethernet Cat5/6 jumper cables to complete the necessary connections between each Antenna, each PoE Injector and your Network Devices.
- Before installing any devices, please read all the cautions and warnings contained in the system manual.
Unbox all system components within the same room on a non-conductive table or floor.
Identify and keep separate Antenna “A” and Antenna “B” as each will be initialized separately. (The PoE injectors are identical and may be used with either antenna)
- Begin the set-up procedure for Antenna “A.”
- With the PoE injector unplugged from AC power
- Remove the bottom cover from the antenna housing to access the connection points.
- Insert one end of a CAT5/6 jumper cable into the center RJ45 port. (Center Port aligns with the cover) and the other end into the “PoE” port of the injector.
- With another CAT5/6 jumper cable, insert one end into the “LAN” port of the Injector and the other end into a spare data port of your Switch or Router that is connected to an Internet source.
- With your PC Powered on, plug the Injector into a constant 110 VAC power outlet.
- The Antenna should begin the boot-up process (Initialization).
- You should see the green LED illuminate to indicate power is present.
- You should hear two short beeps when the Antenna has completed a proper initialization.
If proper Initialization happened, leave this configuration as is and in a powered-on state.
- Antenna “B” Initialization with the PoE Injector unplugged from the wall outlet.
- Remove the bottom cover to access the connection points. Insert one end of a CAT5/6 jumper cable into the center port of the antenna and the other end into the “PoE” port of the injector. Plug the Injector into a constant 110 VAC wall outlet. <
- The Antenna should begin the boot-up process (initialization). You should see the green LED illuminate to indicate power is present. You should hear two short beeps when the Antenna has completed a proper initialization. Using a different PC (with the Wi-Fi feature disabled) connect a CAT5/6 jumper cable from the “LAN” port of the Injector to the Data port of your PC. Arrange the Antennas within the same room so there is at least an 8–12-foot separation with the units both facing the ceiling. From the “B” Side PC, try to access a known website via the Internet. If you can access the Internet, then the Antenna System is functioning properly.
EZ-Bridge® – LT+ Series Shut-down Procedure:
- You are now ready to power down your systems and prepare them for placement in their final destinations. Go to each PoE injector and unplug from the wall outlet. You may now disengage the CAT5/6 jumper cables.
- You are now ready to install the Antennae and cabling.
- Be sure to observe all the warnings and safety precautions in the User Manual
- Go to the installation section of the User Manual and follow the steps for mounting the Antennae.